Friday, November 14, 2008

B-movie From Hell.

Have you ever seen a really, really bad movie? The kind with a plot so bad it that makes you bemoan, "do they think we're idiots?"

Imagine "Night of the Living Dead," "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes," that movie about giant tarantulas taking over the world, and, say, the worst episode of "The Partridge Family" all rolled into one. Oh, and let's toss in "Brazil" for a sub-plot. Wouldn't having to sit through that be torture?

Never seen something that bad? No worries, just open your eyes -- you're living in one. We're all extras in The B-Movie from Hell.

That's what I said when I saw the headline "O eyes Hill for Secretary of State" -- "do they think we're idiots?" And this, after months of getting my head around the fact that some nobody with absolutely no history at all can come from the bowels of American politics -- that's Chicago -- and become President of the United States; after having to endure the whole "messiah" theme, the utterly absurd campaign gimmicks, the whole underbelly-of-Hollywood feel of it.

I mused in a previous post about how glad I am for the separation of powers in American government. I suspect the cast of characters that will ultimately assume authority here will render that concept a sentimental artifact of a time when men had backbones and people thought for themselves.

What's next, Elliot Spitzer as Attorney General? It would be hilarious if it weren't probable. Am I the only person who wondered why the powers that be let him off without a single criminal charge after paying a young prostitute lots of money for his pleasure? Mr. Spitzer, the degenerate abuser of power, makes Janet Reno look like The Church Lady. He can be touted as "the man who cleaned up Wall Street." How's that for a stock character? [I see I have inadvertently made a bad pun, and, in keeping with the theme, I've decided to leave it in.] Anyway, you read it here first.

This movie is shaping up to be really, really bad already. It makes me long for reality. I think a Great Depression might be more bearable than this. Oh, wait, that's probably the double feature.

At least the soundtrack is good. Right now I hear the line,
"...and I get on my knees and pray
we don't get fooled again..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home