Tuesday, September 28, 2004

fall is in the air

This is a milestone. It’s raining and, to me, chilly, so I ordered a hot coffee instead of an iced coffee. This brought me face to face with the two Indian girls (what else would they be) in the Dunkin’ Donuts – the upstairs one. Apparently one is the evil twin of the other. Never smiles. Growls and barks. The other is always so kind, with a beautiful smile, soft-spoken, and a nice sparkle in her eyes. The other one has daggers in hers. She looked at me the other day and screamed, “May I help the next person please?”

Today she rattled off a barrage of undistinguishable syllables to her sister. She held up her hand for my money so that I had to reach wayhay across the counter and still had to toss it to make sure it landed in her palm. I asked her to repeat what she said.

Winter and summer in the same place at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home