Monday, October 30, 2006

as my old friend Reggie Bowden used to say...

"...sometimes it just be's that way..."


yup. what have you done for me lately?

check out this guy hugh's stuff. he's on his game.

this doesn't mean I agree with him. I'm not a big fan of publishing four-letter words, even if I do use them at times (to my own shame); but this little graphic really hit the spot. Even it is too cynical for me, and I will probably take it down.

Hugh seems to have some warped ideas about religion and capitalism. like many in his generation and genre, he is comfortable defining the act of "giving" as him convincing you to reach into your pocket. Well, that is giving...he just obscures the active and passive roles.

hmm...the obscuring of active and passive...if that isn't a defining characteristic of our times, I don't know what is. In the olden days, people were brave enough to be open about their "activeness." No more. Now, "activeness" is considered impolite; it is customary now to disguise "activeness" as "passiveness," and be considered, chic. Hence the rise of "passive-aggressiveness" to epidemic levels that we all have seen.

Yet, even while apparently certain of his own immunity of the personality ills of his era, he makes some interesting observations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home